Flydubai Baggage Allowance
Check the guidelines to guarantee you a relaxing trip. We have collected the necessary information to adjust the appropriate weight for your flydubai baggage allowance.
The following entails one-way flights for one passenger:
- Check-in up to 3 pieces of baggage, but each piece has to weigh less than 32 kg and according to your flight ticket.
- Checked baggage must be well packed and secured with a tag containing the passenger’s name, full address and a telephone number.
- Checked baggage must not include valuable items, for example, money, jewelry or any business documents.
- Travelling with an infant, you can carry one piece of checked baggage with a maximum weight of 10kgs, only if it is within your flight fare.
Check out the following guidelines for hand baggage allowance:
- The baggage should not exceed the maximum size to fit the overhead locker.
- In addition to your main hand baggage, you can carry one laptop bag or a small lady's handbag (not exceeding 25 cm× 33 cm × 20 cm).
- Electronic devices on board must be turned off, protected from unexpected activation and not re-charged during the flight.
- Travelling with an infant, your baggage is included in your flight fare with a maximum weight of 5 kgs and must be smaller than 55 cm x 38 cm x 20 cm.
Passengers with checked baggage exceeding the allowance stated will be subject to excess baggage fees per kilogram.
Find out how much the cost of baggage per kilo according to destination zone:
*Excess baggage rates are applicable to change according to currency exchange rates and airport fees and service charges. Please check the full list of excess baggage rates in other currencies.
Forbidden Materials on a Flydubai Flight
For safety purposes, flydubai does not allow specific items to be carried.
- Lithium batteries.
- Devices and batteries that are damaged, defective or recalled.
- Illegal Items in the country you’re traveling to or from.
Forbidden Items on hand baggage
- Real, replica, or toy weapons.
- Sharp elements like knives, razor blades and scissors.
- Hypodermic needles are forbidden unless you have a medical prescription.
- Sporting tools and bats.
Forbidden Items on checked baggage
- Fragile Items.
- Money, jewelry and Important documents.
- Laptops and other electronic devices with personal information.
- E-cigarettes are not allowed in your checked baggage.
*For a full list of things you shouldn’t bring, please check out Flydubai Conditions of Carriage.
Flydubai Special Baggage:
- Only traveling passengers with restricted mobility can bring a battery-powered wheelchair or any other mobility support as checked baggage, according to r the carriage conditions.
- If you are traveling with any mobility aids, contact the flydubai contact center at +971 600 54 44 45 or simply tell your travel agent two days ahead of your scheduled flight departure time.
*For further information about wheelchairs and other restrictions, check out flydubai special baggage page.
- You can bring a small musical instrument as hand baggage if it does not exceed the allowed dimensions ( 55cm x 38cm x 20cm) and weigh less than (7 kg).
- Large musical instruments will be in checked baggage (subject to availability in the cargo) and submit to excess baggage rates apply.
- If the passenger wants to carry his valuable musical instrument as hand baggage, but it exceeds the limitations, you can purchase an additional seat (subject to availability).
- The animals are not allowed onboard, whether as hand baggage or checked baggage.
- You may only be able to transport falcons but with prior permission.
- The option of having a service animal only works on Emirates marketed flights to the USA and Europe, and this service is not available on flights operated within flydubai destinations.
- Any sporting equipment item must not exceed 20kgs.
- flydubai permission of any item carriage depends on space availability onboard.
- To guarantee a space, please contact flydubai at least one day before your departure flight.
- If your equipment does not meet the size requirements, flydubai may accept carrying it for extra fees.
The following rates are only applied on flights operated by flydubai:
*Please visit flydubai sporting equipment policy page to know what other types of sporting equipment are allowed onboard.
Delayed and Lost Baggage
- If your luggage went missing, you will need to report to the baggage services desk at the airport.
- If you did not receive your baggage within 3 days you can complete the Baggage inventory form (BIF) and send it to email@example.com.
- If 21 days has passed since you filled out your missing report send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Baggage inventory form (BIF) and the reference number given to you at the airport.
- In case of your baggage has been damaged, the passenger must complain to the baggage services desk at the arrival airport.
- You need to send an email to email@example.com with selecting ‘Baggage mishandled’ in the subject.
- For more information about delayed or damaged baggage, please check Baggage FAQs page.
For more information, please refer back to flydubai baggage policy official page.
Disclaimer: All fares are subject to availability at the time of booking.